What to Do - Emergency Repairs
Landlords and tenants share the responsibility for repairs and maintenance in rental properties. If a repair is needed urgently, for items such as:
- a burst water service or a serious water service leak
- a blocked or broken lavatory service
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- fire damage
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm, fire or impact damage
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the property
- a failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on premises for hot water, cooking or heating.
- a fault or damage that makes the property unsafe or insecure
- a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a resident of the property
- a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area or premises that unduly inconveniences a resident in gaining access to, or using, the property
- essentially, any damage that makes your home unsafe.
You should make every effort to Contact Raine & Horne Property Management on 0421 477 410 or after hours on 8297 0008 as soon as possible. If the repair is deemed an emergency, we are not required to give notice to you as the tenant to enter the premises.
All other repairs are considered to be routine repairs and will be required to be submitted in writing.
Please note: If an after hour call out is made by any tradesperson and the repair does not constitute as an emergency repair the tax invoice will be forwarded to you the tenant for payment.